About Me

My photo
I'm a Jesus Gangsta!! I love God, cherish bonds and I'm dangerous!!

Wednesday 28 September 2011

Fasting


Many of us are familiar with this word but the focus of this article is Christian Fasting.
When I was little, I learned fasting meant skipping breakfast and that it pleases God. 

Growing up, I also learned that there were other fast like “tv-fast”, “video-game fast”, “internet-fast” and also learned that fasting could mean skipping not only breakfast but lunch too or even all the meals in a day.

One thing all these fasts have in common is denying oneself pleasure.
Before I go on, let me say this, fasting doesn’t move God, it enables you instead. Anything God hasn’t given you already, fasting or anything would make him give you.

The fasting many Christians practice today has its focus on saying NO to the flesh. Romans 8:5 talks about saying YES to the Spirit. Saying NO to the flesh is good but more importantly is Saying YES to the Spirit, and that should be our focus.
So when we fast we should make conscious efforts to say YES to the Spirit.

Say YES to the Spirit!!

No comments:

Post a Comment